Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sisters are DIYing it for themselves

This year, my friend and I decided to make each other homemade gifts even though neither one of us is the DIY type. Knowing that I'm a bookworm she made me this:

She chose David Copperfield.
I could never do this myself because how could I cut into a book like that? But I admit that a hollow book is pretty cool though I'm still trying to figure out what to put in it.

As for me... well I've decided to attempt to create a mosaic jewelry box. I'm still trying to figure out how it's gonna work but I'm optimistic. I also have a small, white wallet and I plan on getting metallic letters to glue on her initials. A couple of years ago I got her a black, glittery Batman wallet which she loves but since she's about to graduate law school she thinks she needs something more "sophisticated."

Here's a design that's got me inspired:

Photo from Architecture Art Designs




 On the one hand, this could turn out beautifully... on the other, I will end up with a mishmash mosaic that will strongly differ from the mental image I had. The latter has been my typical experience with art but, like I said, I'm optimistic.

Will post a photo once it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment