Saturday, March 7, 2015

Homemade mini chicken pot pies

On a monthly if not biweekly basis I get together with one of my girlfriends and either I make lunch or she buys lunch. We didn't decide that I would be the one to cook but it just worked out that way and I've actually come to enjoy trying out new recipes. It rained last weekend and today was really windy (those Santa Ana winds make you believe you can fly) so a warm chicken pot pie seemed like the perfect dish. I debated do a full on pie but just didn't have the time so thank you Pillsbury for coming to the rescue!

I used two cans of their biscuits (side note: I'm a wimp when it comes to popping them open and BOTH cans actually exploded this time!), cream of chicken, chicken strips, carrots, celery, and peas. I didn't use one particular recipe but the few I browsed asked that I cover the filling. Now, the biscuits I used weren't the layered buttery Grands so I didn't have a lot of biscuit to work with. Instead, I used bread crumbs.





I cooked them at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes and they were delicious. I didn't have time to shoot the process and only got one iPhone shot of the final dish but I'm sure I'll be making it again.

Has anyone else made these before? What's your experience been like? Also, am I the only one afraid of the popping Pillsbury cans? Say it ain't so.

No comments:

Post a Comment