Thursday, June 30, 2011

Modern day fairy tales

I prefer this shot to the actual movie poster

I opted not to use the infamous kiss shot

I just got through watching It Could Happen to You with Nicholas Cage and Bridget Fonda which left me with mixed emotions. On the one hand, it's saccharine sweet and feel-good and on the other, it seems too good to be true especially considering the title. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that every generation has those too-good-to-be-true films which brings me to-- The Notebook. I mean, he writes her everyday for a year AND builds her house AND harbors his intense love for her for 7 years while they are apart. From Love Story to Say Anything to Titanic and of course, Gone with the Wind- love stories seems to transcend reality and  you know what, that's ok.

What's your favorite love story? Any you particulary dislike?
I know everyone has mixed feelings about the aforementioned films but they have left an indelible mark...

No comments:

Post a Comment