Thursday, September 15, 2011

Looking for _________


Click here for online profile tips


I'm working on a story about quirky dating sites and once I started my research I was shocked at some of the sites I found:


Exhibit A- Daily Diaper
Apparently people have a fetish for wearing diapers (as in, they are turned on by this)

Exhibit B- Sugar Daddie
The name speaks for itself

I'm always a little taken aback when I find people in their twenties engaging in online dating mainly because I feel that it's not geared toward millenials necessarily. I was wrong. I believe the very fact that these niche interest sites exist is indicative of the popularity of online dating. The prevalence of technology as a way of socializing still baffles me (I was one of those reticent to get a Facebook for a few years!) and I can't help but wonder if the old-fashion ways are slowly but surely becoming obsolete. Imagine-how convenient it is to just eliminate undesirable mates like we unfriend people? or in 2030 will everyone have virtual dates with virtual flowers? I'm torn because I have heard success stories but I personally could never see myself joining the online dating scene.

How do you feel about online dating? Know any success stories? any truly dreadful stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment