Monday, September 24, 2012

Life gets in the way...

This last week was a little rough but there's no need to go into details, let me share some good stuff.

Point Dume, Malibu
I was supposed to go on vacation to Sequoia but things didn't work out so I ended up going to Malibu instead. One of the things I love about living in LA is the abundance of beaches including my favorite spot, Point Dume. When I'm there, I forget everything and the only things that concern me are the waves, the breeze and the rocks.

What's your place of solace?

Every time I go to the beach I pick up a sea shell, rocks or mussel shell as my own little souvenir of that trip. One thing I also brought back was a sun burn- yeah, those are always fun especially for those of us with alabaster skin! Alas, it wasn't as bad after multiple applications of aloe vera lotion (thank god). I told my best friend to remind me of my stupidity (for not reapplying sunscreen!) and she gladly obliged (of course).
via Pinterest
On Thursday, my friend and fellow blogger, Melanee,  invited me to a sale's event at her family's jewelry shop in Beverly Hills and how could I resist jewelry??

She's in the grad program I just graduated from!


My best friend and I ended buying each others xmas gifts early (we'll give them to each other xmas day though). I also bought my mom a necklace which I gave to her right away because she's worse than I am when it comes to jewelry. :)

We capped the night by visiting the famous Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. It was the first time for both of us so we had to try the famous chicken and waffles. I got a side of potatoes and gravy and she got mac and cheese, collard greens and cornbread. It was all delicious except the collard greens is definitely an acquired taste.
Carol's Special (a breast & a waffle)
We sat right in front of this photo

 I ate the entire waffle but I could barely finish half the chicken let alone the mashed potatoes. I have to say, the mac and cheese was superb!

What are some famous restaurants in your area? Are they as good as the hype led you to believe?


All in all it was a good week with some rough spots in between. Tune in this week for my review of Beauty Choice's Rodial Glamtox eye pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment