Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Smile When you Dance

Once a week I go to my modern dance class and I love it. I have a great instructor who is both helpful but not intimidating (sometimes that's hard to find in a dance instructor!) so I love each class. Today we had our exam and I did far better than expected ( 91/2 out of 10) but she said my energy was lacking. That's when I realized how sometimes we get so caught up in the craziness of life that we don't really enjoy the moment even though you feel like you're really focusing. My technique was clean but clearly I wasn't performing. So after class I walked home listening to Patty Griffin because her voice is soothing which was perfect with the the cool evening breeze. When I got home I just sat on the front steps and took a moment to breathe and clear my mind. Sometimes that break, that moment of solitude is all we need.

I wasn't this exuberant. via Pinterest
Click for Up to the Mountain
Click for Heavenly Day 

Enjoy!

What do you do for stress relief? While I love dancing and reading, I have to say a brisk evening walk with my ipod really does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment