Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I never thought I'd buy food from a truck but...

... I recently had the chance when my school celebrated the opening of the new Student Recreation Center. From Fresh Fries, The Grilled Cheese Truck to Kogi- there was a variety of goodness to choose from. However, I knew from the get-go I wanted to try Kogi. I remember watching Food Network and if I remember correctly it was Best Thing I Ever Ate (Love that show!) and Adam was raving about the Kogi taco and it looked amazing. Basically, it's Korean-Mexican fusion and while I know very little about Korean food, I was more than happy to try it. So when I found out they would be at my school I jumped at the chance and they did not disappoint.

kogi  burritto- YUM
 I asked the guy taking my order what was in it and between the clanking noises from the kitchen (he is in a truck after all) and the chatter of the long line of students behind me, I got nothing. So I ask the one question that matters most to me when it comes to burritos-"does it have beans?" I'm happy to report that it does not. Call me a faux foodie all you want but the only beans I eat are garbanzos.

I made my order and I only waited a minute or two and my name was called out and I was handed a glorious, chunky burrito. I took one bite and understood what all the fuss was about.

Now you know when you eat something good and you're just anticipating the next time you get to it? this was it for me. I wish they had a local shop because the timing of the truck is not exactly convenient BUT I know I'll be checking their site for the next time they are in my neck of the woods.

Have you ever tried food from a food truck? What was your experience? Recommendations please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment